But today’s article is about the spine. And the first thing I would like to note is that not all stretching is equally useful. When developing flexibility dancers, remember that under no circumstances should you pull the lumbar! We have one back for life, the unreasonable use of such an important part of the body leads to irreversible consequences in the future in the form of protrusions and hernias. In everyday life, our unfortunate lower back already suffers most of the load, so do not finish it off.
The thoracic spine is the most difficult in terms of stretching because it is inextricably linked to the shoulder girdle and it is almost impossible to localize it without affecting other departments. And before you begin the active stretching of the chest, you should learn how to work with it.
Attention! Do not start stretching without warming up, with age, the nutrition of our spine is disturbed, or stops altogether, and like any other mechanism, it must be preheated!
Only after warming, proceed to the best stretches for flexibility.
Exercise 1. Kitty
Kneeling, begin to bend up and down gently, using the entire spine from the coccyx to the cervical vertebrae. Do not forget to tighten the pelvis, and pull the chin off the chest during the execution of the “evil” kitty, and tends to go up during the “good” one. Rotate the chest, describing circles with an imaginary point in the diaphragm. Try to achieve maximum amplitude
Exercise 2. Sphinx
Lie on your stomach, elbows should be exactly under the shoulders. Imagine your entire spine in front of you and, starting from the coccyx, pull your back down, vertebra by vertebra, until your ribs touch the floor.
Exercise 3. Stretching up, deflection
To control the correct posture, stand sideways to the mirror. Stretch both arms up and begin to bend backward. At the same time, make sure that the pelvis does not go forward behind the feet, but remains in place, and keep the root lock (tightening the pelvis) to avoid deflection in the lumbar region. This exercise will not only stretch the chest but also strengthen the muscles of the back
Exercise 4. Pose the dog muzzle down
The neck is relaxed, the heels are pulled to the floor, we try to lower the chest to the bottom. This exercise will primarily affect the shoulder girdle and only then the chest.
Exercise 5. Fish pose
Here we move a little away from yoga, eliminate any muscle tension, because stretching is, first of all, relaxation. We put cubes under our backs, starting from two and above. Depending on how far the blocks will be from the coccyx, which muscles will stretch. The closer the cubes to the coccyx, the more the load will move to the lower back, the further – the more it will move away from the fifth point and tend to the shoulders. To influence the chest area – the lower edge of the blocks should be approximately at the level of the fastener of your bra. Raise your hands up and lower them back. If your fingers touch the floor, increase the number of cubes.
Exercise 6. Bridge
A bridge is key to a flexible back. For stretching the shoulder girdle and chest, the elbow bridge is most suitable. We try to bring our feet together, we rest our feet on the floor, pushing the chest forward, the elbows should not be spread apart!
Exercise 7. Stand on your chest
A chest stand is one of the most effective stretching exercises. However, you should not move on to it before you succeed on your way to puffs. Otherwise, very unpleasant consequences await you. For in this (as in many other) exercises you must learn to breathe. And for this, you should stretch the front surface of the neck and muscle corset. The next problem on the way to the stances on the chest is the strengthening of the back muscles. Your back should be strong enough to hold you in that position, not allowing you to bend too much to get hurt, and most importantly, do not let the lower back deflect.
Where to begin?
To make the back flexible, like gymnasts, you have to try, but is it worth it?
- First of all, it is necessary to establish nutrition and the regime of work and rest. A full-fledged intake of beneficial substances in the body provides the tissues of the joints and muscles with all the essentials.
- In the absence of the proper number of proteins, healthy carbohydrates and vitamins, it is impossible to achieve at least some positive results.
- Then you need to get rid of excess weight since it gives a significant load on the spine and muscles. Proper nutrition, good sleep, and cardio load will help to achieve the desired effect in a fairly short time.
How to achieve maximum results?
To achieve maximum results for flexibility for dancers, you must follow these rules:
- Choose comfortable shoes and clothes for sports;
- It is better to use a yoga mat or bedding;
- Do not start classes without warming up, which takes about 10 minutes;
- Do not make sudden movements;
- When performing exercises, monitor your breathing, evenly distributing the load on the back;
- Start with four approaches, then you need to gradually increase the load;
- Take a break after the second or third call for five minutes;
- Exercise at least five times a week; You may need the help of a coach or another person first.
- Observing these simple rules, the result will not be long in coming, and the training will take place without injuries and other troubles.
Dancers require a tremendous amount of strength and flexibility to translate music into their bodies. Although in your daily life you may not need to raise your foot to the sky or lean back, dance stretch marks to increasing flexibility will help you avoid injuries in your normal activities.