The girl who is engaged in dancing is easy to recognize by a slim figure, even posture and special grace of movements. And the pole dancer is also distinguished by a special manner of behavior and self-confidence. After pole dancing classes, the girls become more mysterious, and an intriguing light appears in the eyes. All this is about the realization of their attractiveness.
In modern hustle and bustle of everyday life, to feel beautiful and desirable is not so simple. Then Pole Dance comes to the rescue – a beautiful dance to beautiful music.
Types of Pole Classes
In fitness, Pole Dance is classified as a variety of activities that can fully replace power loads. In fact, this is an intensive dance using a fixed pole or pylon. It perfectly combines dance plastic and power loads, contributing to the comprehensive development of the body.
Pole Dance consists of many specific, developing different muscle groups of movements. Traditionally, this activity is divided into three main categories:
- Fitness Pole – a dance that combines rhythmic elements with complex acrobatic tricks on the pole. Ideal for those who want to lose weight, become more toned and slim. Frankly, this is a job entirely on the pole. For example, in competitions, you can only touch the floor three times.
- Exotic Pole – grace, tenderness in every movement and the dimensionality of the dance as a whole prevail here. Basically, these are beautiful movements on a pole and on the floor, developing/demonstrating natural female plastic. About 20% is allocated to pole tricks.
- Art Pole – here the emphasis is mainly on dance production, expressiveness, and artistry. Its main difference lies in the ratio of the elements on a pole and on the floor, about 50 to 50.
In addition to these main areas, there are many of their branches.
Despite all the diversity, in fact, any experienced teacher can mix combinations of twists, tricks, ground parts and passages from different directions as part of the training.
What muscles work when training with a pole?
The girl has to lift herself up on a pole by the strength of the muscles of her hands, perform various tricks, actively using her back and legs. Static and dynamic actions are well developed by all muscle groups of the upper extremities, including biceps, triceps, deltoid muscles, and especially the forearm.
The oblique muscles of the back, trapezius and rhomboid, large, small round and jigged muscles, as well as lumbar “squares” and rectifiers of the spine, are well worked out during training.
Legs – the most problematic area for many girls, are also actively involved in the work. Of particular note is the study of the inner side of the thigh, femoral biceps and quadriceps, gluteus maximus, semi-membranous and semi-tendonous muscles.
Benefit and harm
Let’s start with the positive side of the coin. The main advantage of sports pole dance as a hobby is the acquisition of a holistic and harmonious physical development. If you do it right and pay enough attention to training, the results will not be long in coming – after a certain time you will notice how your body changes for the better, the figure is tightened, and your muscles become more enduring.
On the other hand, this sport can not do without certain problems. One of them, especially common among beginners, is bruising, bruising, and sprains. At first, they will certainly appear and they will have to put up with for some time.
Frequent pain is another characteristic side feature. In this case, it is not an indicator of muscle growth, but rather an indicator of the adaptation process. Injuries to ligaments and joints here are not uncommon, and therefore it is important to learn to distinguish between the feeling of fit and sprains.
Where to start training?
The first step is to choose a musical accompaniment. Rhythmic tracks in the style of jazz, soul, as well as R’n’B and even rock, are best suited. The next step will be the selection of a suitable uniform – the main thing is that the clothes are comfortable, not restricting movements. Since Pole Dance is not a striptease, but an athletic sport is inappropriate to come, especially to the first classes, in sexy dresses or miniskirts.
You can reinforce group classes in the hall by watching the appropriate training videos in order to hone certain tricks and accelerate progress.
The main technical task in the first steps is to learn to climb a pole. And not only with the help of hands, but also with the lower extremities. And now a few words about the warm-up and basic exercises for beginners.
Basic elements for beginners
- Basic Pole Climb – an exercise is the basis of the fundamentals that everyone should master. Develops tenacity and teach you how to hold/climb the pole for the subsequent execution of the elements of the upper tier.
- Spinning – the most common in the framework of Pole Dance. It is with them that training begins. In the process, you learn to keep the weight of your own body on the pole, performing elements in the upper, middle and lower tiers, starting the study of the element from the lower tier.
- The Frog Spin is the simplest twist option that everyone without exception has been taught since the first lesson. You stand on the left side of the pole, hold on to it with both hands, cling to the pole with your right foot under your knee, and push off the floor with your left and bend it.
- The Chair spin is the first static element in the pole, perfect for the novice dancer. Develops overall strength, flexibility, and coordination of movements. We hold our hands on the pole in a spread, and pushing ourselves off the floor we bend our legs. We maintain a beautiful position, with a straight back and straight arms. The main mistake of all beginners is a bad emphasis on the lower hand and pressing to the pylon.
- The Bird – performed in the upper tier. We stand in front of the pole, hold on to it with both hands on top. Raise both legs forward and hold the pylon between them, then slightly fall on one side and transfer bodyweight, then bend both legs. Then we bring the case forward slightly and grab the armpit pylon. At first, this exercise is very painful, there may be bruises.
- A Pole Fan Kick is also a rather complex element that runs in the middle tier, but beginners can do from the floor. To master it, you will need a certain dexterity, hand strength, abs, stretching/twine and good skills in basic exercises. This acrobatic trick involves twisting on a pole with one hand grip and leaping with both legs during torsion.
In this context, I cannot but mention the importance of warming up and stretching, which in no case should be underestimated. Good pre-training significantly increases the result of labor.
Do not be lazy to spend 10 to 15 minutes warming up, mobilizing, warming up and preparing your body for upcoming training. Rope jumping, running in place and simple gymnastic exercises in place, including torso to the sides, swinging legs, twisting hands to warm up joints and ligaments, are great.
At first, you will not need to take high heels and a special uniform with you, requiring considerable investment. At this stage, a sports top, ordinary shorts, t-shirts, and socks will be enough. Further, guided by the advice of a trainer, you can purchase a special uniform for Pole Dance represented by such components:
- Special suits and sets.
- Gymnastic half shoes or jazz shoes.
- Bandages and wristbands.
- Training gloves.
- Means for the clutch.
Speaking of the latter: many believe that at first, it is imperative to take gloves for the pole or magnesia, which improves grip with the pylon to avoid slipping hands. Always be guided in these matters by the settings and tips of your trainer. If he considers it necessary to use adhesion aids, including magnesia gel, liquid or dry magnesia, powder, cream for wet hands, as well as a pole cleaner and a cloth, be sure to use them.
Pole Dance is not aerobics, in which exercises are performed in a limited amplitude and familiar mode. Like other types of gymnastics, pole acrobatics is primarily worked with the weight of your own body at different angles. Many beginners are in a hurry to master complex tricks, receiving many injuries and sprains, being physically unprepared.
Many are quite inconsistent in their training, which affects not only the joints and ligaments but also the result of the work as a whole. Often, girls neglect the warm-up before and stretching after training, which also reduces effectiveness and often leads to injuries, sprains and other undesirable effects. Some emphasize the one-way movement. This rather common mistake leads to a strong imbalance in muscle pumping, which in the end does not give any aesthetics to the body and, in particular, leads to health problems.
Pole Dance is a great opportunity to develop stamina and strength of the body, learn plastic movements to music, master complex acrobatic techniques, become the owner of a healthy and slim figure and always be in good shape. In this case, of course, we must not forget about the regularity and observance of concomitant diets that will help accelerate the effect of the training.